Sunday, January 10, 2010

newpeak 2


KHAN HERE,
So last time I talked about the fictionary language called Newspeak, and how by limiting the vocabulary of the people, they could limit their thoughts. Also limiting the vocabulary limits the ways in one can express himself, thus destroying one's individualism. So how come we use phrases like "lol" or "omg"? Simply, because it's easy and we're just lazy. I understand it could save time when messaging a friend or what not, but people have started to speak l33t as well. How many of us still say,"That was funny", instead of just saying "lol"? Sometimes I even think in that way, and I doubt I'm the only one. See these words are doing the same thing, we're limiting ourselves and becoming more and more lazy. The formula, ladies and gents, is:

LESS TALKING=LESS THINKING.




No comments:

Post a Comment