Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Christian band make an incredible return

HELLO BLOGIVERSE! So I have to say, I'm a huge fan of the band RED. They're a Christian group formed outta Nashville in the good old U.S. of A. So today's post from me is going to be about me waxing eloquent about their new album, Until We Have Faces.

The album is, in my opinion, a very different one for RED. Unlike their two previous studio albums, Innocence and Instinct and End of Silence, this album is a much lighter sound. But it doesn't start that way; Feed the Machine and Faceless are definitely the heaviest songs on the album, and I'm thinking that fans of bands like Linkin Park, Rage Against the Machine, Skillet, Disciple, and Decyfer Down will love those tracks. About halfway through the album, it begins to shift, and in my opinion, the songs take a shift from the struggle inside of one's self to the shared feelings of a group. The penultimate song The Best Is Yet to Come is, to me, the hope inside these guy's hearts as they pray and wait for heaven.

The final track, Hymn for the Missing, is still a mystery to me. I'm trying to decode it, but I just can't decide what to make of it. The piano and the orchestration are especially beautiful for the ending song, but I can't decide whether or not this song wraps up the album in a good way or not.

I'll spend some time and talk about my favourite track, Faceless. The title of the album is taken from the book Till We Have Faces by C. S. Lewis. Go and Wikipedia the book, then read it; I can assure you that you'll be impressed. But anyway, the song goes on to talk about the lack of identity that the main character has, and how he's empty because he hasn't found his God-given abilities and identity. Lyrics like "Can't find who I am without You near me" speak about this man's desire to discover himself and to win the war against his soul and carnal nature. The idea of not having a face means that the man has nothing with which to show the world, and the world has nothing by which to judge him by. His lack of a face simply results in his lack of identity.

The theme of this entire song is as such to me; Until we've discovered our purpose in life and the God we're living for, our lives have no meaning and our 'faces' are lost."

All in all, this album is a great one, and I'm definitely recommending it to all our readers.

Kobes OUT!

P.S. Send us an email at kobesnkhan@hotmail.com to tell us what you think! Even better, if you're a Facebook user, check out the link to the right ----> and follow us through the amazing people at Networked Blogs!

P.P.S. When you email us, tell Khan to start posting again ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment